2021‘s Best Live Casino Software Providers For You
When you think of betting online, you probably think of the different casinos at which you can play. Many people don’t ever consider the companies behind the games themselves, but the difference they can make to your enjoyment can be huge. This is especially true with live-dealer products. Keep reading to find out all about the world’s top live casino software provider firms and where to play their games.
The Top 6 Live Casino Software Providers
One of the ways that you can choose which casino to play at is by looking at the different real-dealer products each offers. Most sites tend to supply games from one or two developers only, so it’s well worth considering this before you make your choice. Each provider has a distinct style and brings unique selling points to the table. Check out the very best in the business below, or jump ahead to pick up tips on comparing developers.
- 1. Evolution Gaming The market leader for live games, Evolution Gaming specialises in this format. It doesn’t create any RNG products, but instead focuses solely on producing the highest-quality live casino experience for players. This approach has led to the company winning multiple awards and cementing its position as the go-to for all discerning fans of real-dealer gaming. Its titles cover blackjack, roulette, casino poker, baccarat, money wheel and other popular games.
- 2. Playtech Playtech is the largest software provider for online casinos, with several hundred games to its name. Having produced live games since they began appearing on the scene, the company has as much experience as any other. This results in high-quality streams, professional and friendly dealers and world-class game variants. A particular highlight is the Age of Gods Roulette, which is based upon the developer’s signature slot game series.
- 3. Extreme Live Gaming Although it is a relatively new name on the scene, Extreme Live Gaming is currently going under changes. It was acquired by Pragmatic Play, and so all of its products are being rebranded. However, its reach is also growing, with more and more players enjoying its fun and relaxed approach to live gaming. Its themed games are of particular interest, adding a burst of colour to any suite.
- 4. NetEnt One of the biggest software developers in the industry, NetEnt has produced live games for a number of years. It is known for its fairly serious approach to these products, focusing on making sure that its smartly-dressed croupiers are professional and efficient at all times. Its innovative Live Beyond Live software caused some excitement, promising a 3D immersive experience.
- 5. Microgaming Famed for years for its Playboy Bunny female dealers, this iGaming giant has fallen out of favour a little in the live casino industry. In 2015, it sold all of its partnerships in Europe to Evolution Gaming. While you can still access Microgaming live games from the rest of the world, the company has spent most of its time in recent years focused on automated products.
- 6. Authentic Gaming Authentic Gaming is also more focused on automated gaming than on live dealer software. However, it has created a number of games in conjunction with land-based resorts, such as Foxwoods Resort and Casino in the USA. This means that online players can bet at roulette tables alongside the establishments’ other patrons in real-time, accessing via HD streams.
All the Alternative Live Dealer Casino Software Providers
While the providers above feature most prominently at the world’s top casinos, there are other developers on the market that may be of interest. For some, these might be interesting to know, which is why we created this section. If you, however, would like to skip straight ahead to the criteria that I used to compare software companies click here.
- This Israeli company specialises in creating products that are heavily-customisable by the operator in terms of limits, rules and visual style.
- Based in Gibralar, PariPlay creates slot games and works closely with Evolution Gaming on the distribution of its live casino products.
- Vivo Gaming creates high-quality livestream table games, with a particular focus on producing mobile-friendly HTML5 coded products.
- This company streams live games from land-based resorts across Malta and is famed for its roulette offering especially.
- This Eastern European software firm develops live baccarat, poker, blackjack, roulette and Andar Bahar games, allowing it to stand out from competition.
- Like a number of its competitors, Visionary iGaming works with a mobile-first approach. All games are created to be playable on all device types.
- Based in the jewel of South-East Asian gambling, Macau, Ho Gaming has been creating high-quality live software for a number of years.
- This is another company that specialises in streaming games from resort casinos, in this case from Portomaso and Oracle, located in Malta.
- In Riga, alongside Evolution and Playtech, Games OS delivers excellent live versions of table games, including blackjack, roulette and baccarat.
- Unusually, this company specialises in baccarat games, though it does also produce roulette and blackjack products to keep fans happy.
- This Italian developer streams live table games from resort casinos like the Casino di Venezia directly to online casinos, allowing players the best of both worlds.
- BetGames.tv has gained attention in the short years since its founding. However, this is mostly due to its choice to solely employ young and attractive female dealers.
As you can see, the different companies bring vastly differing backgrounds, experience and approaches to this particular industry niche. This means that, although the basic bones and structure of the games are in general the same, each variant is unique and reflects the company that created it. This is most noticeable in the décor and visual styles. With a few notable exceptions, the rules of classic table games like blackjack, roulette and baccarat remain the same across the industry.
Big-Name Brands That Don’t Provide Live Casino Software
If you have played automated games and video slots online before, you may well be aware of some big names in software that haven’t yet been mentioned. This is for the simple reason that not all casino providers produce live games. In particular, many players will be disappointed to learn that there is a complete lack of IGT live casino games. The company simply has not chosen to enter this section of the market, despite its size and success in other areas. Is there another company you’re looking for in our list? They most likely also don’t provide any live offerings.
How to Choose Your Favourite Developer
At this point, having seen the array of live casino software developers, you may be wondering how to pick the best from the rest. It can seem like there aren’t any differences between them. Certainly, a lot of it comes down to personal taste. However, the following sections are here to help you look a little deeper into the live casino platform options.
|Provider||Games||Best Game||Studios||Stream Quality||Licenses||Software Compliance|
|Evolution Gaming||35+||Lightning Roulette||Malta, Latvia, Canada||Full HD||Worldwide||eCOGRA|
|Playtech||20+||Age of the Gods Roulette||Latvia||Full HD||Worldwide||eCOGRA|
|Extreme Live Gaming||7||Golden Ball Roulette||London||HD||Worldwide||eCOGRA|
|Microgaming||12||Playboy Live Dealer Blackjack||Canada, Argentina, Philippines||HD||Worldwide||eCOGRA|
You can see from the table that the number of games available from each company is quite different. It is also worth noting that the speed with which Evolution is growing will most likely mean that it will continue to increase its lead over the competition.
The Live Dealer Games
When you are thinking about where to gamble online, one of the biggest questions you should ask yourself is which games you want to play. At the end of the day, the products are what affects your experience the most. So, if you want to play live casino games, you should have a think about which software provider makes the titles that appeal most to you. The most common categories that you will find across the board are blackjack and roulette.
Any good live casino suite should have at least 30 tables or so ready for you to play, with blackjack, roulette and at least one or two other categories represented. You will often find baccarat and various casino poker games. Other games, like money wheels and top card are also usually available, though in smaller numbers. You can see which sites have the best offerings by visiting our guide to the best live casino sites.
The Payout Rates
As with regular, automated table games, the live casino software products all feature different return to player (RTP) rates. This is an important factor to consider, as it can give you an indication of how fair a game is. However, it is important to remember that the figure is theoretical and represents the percentage of taking that are paid out to the entire player base over time. Therefore, it cannot be taken as a guarantee for you individually. You can see the live games with the highest RTP rates below.
As you can see, blackjack tends to have the highest payout rates. This is not unsual; you will see that RTPs are usually high in the game if you check out our dedicated guide to the game. Also, it is worth noting that these figures are among the highest of any online casino games. There are one or two slots that can compete and there are RNG blackjack games that top them. However, it is clear that live games offer some great stats.
The Quality of Live Streams
When live casino software first arrived on the scene a number of years ago, the livestreams were of pretty poor quality. The cards used had to be large in order to be clearly visible to players. However, things have rapidly improved. Especially with Evolution Gaming and Playtech, the visual quality is excellent. There are occasional moments of buffering, but as long as your internet connection is good, you shouldn’t really run into any problems.
The Playability on Different Devices
While it has taken a relatively long time for casino software to become fully accessible on mobile and tablet devices, despite their popularity, the situation with live dealer casino software is a bit better. Most of the top firms create their games in such a way as to be playable on all screen sizes.
Whether this is through an app or via a browser using HTML5 coding to allow for instant-play is down to the casino. Products aimed at smartphone players tend to feature larger buttons and a different layout than their desktop counterparts. You can find out more about the best live mobile casino sites and the games they stock by clicking to head over to our specific guide page.
The Live Dealers Themselves
The main reason to play live games is because there is a real-life person dealing the cards or spinning the wheel. Although the styles and atmosphere created by the different companies can be very different, all of the best live casino software providers all have one thing in common: experienced and friendly staff. Whether they are wearing suits and ties, ball gowns or purposely skimpy outfits, the croupiers are really what makes the experience.
You can chat to them while playing and most have some excellent stories to tell, collected over years of talking with players from all over the globe. Depending on the casino, you will find dealers who are fluent in a range of languages, with English being the most common.
The Regulatory Authority Licences
In order to market their services to certain regions or countries, betting companies are required to meet certain standards or fairness and security and to hold licences from regulatory authorities. This is also the case for software developers. The top firms all have valid licences for major jurisdictions, proving their commitment to player safety and their ability to create reliable and trustworthy products.
The Live Software Awards
Although recognition and glory aren’t everything in any walk of life, awards are always a sign of quality. There are numerous ceremonies held throughout the year, each of which looks at whole industry and picks the best live casino solutions for that year. The table below shows the developers with the most accolades to their names.
|Provider||Live Casino Awards||Highlights|
|Evolution Gaming||24||EGR Live Casino Provider (9), EGR Product of the Year (2)|
|Playtech||9||Casino Life and Business Best Live Studio|
|NetEnt||3||WiG Awards Hidden Talent for Live Casino Development Manager|
|Extreme Live Gaming||2||Shortlisted for EGR Best Live Casino Supplier 2 years in a row|
How Do the Games from Live Casino Providers Even Work?
Live casino software can seem a bit confusing if you’re not familiar with it. However, the process is pretty simple. The developers run studios, where croupiers deal to empty tables, in front of cameras. These tables are populated by people who are playing through online casinos. They can see the dealers and all action happening in real-time through the livestreams.
While you “sit” at a table, your fellow players are not necessarily accessing the game from the same site. Unless you are playing at an exclusive or branded table, the likelihood is that the seats next to you are occupied by players from all over the world, placing their bets through various different online operators. This is one of the beauties of the live casino software setup.
How Do the Live Software Developers Operate as Companies?
Once you have your head around how the games function, you might be asking yourself how the live casino providers run their businesses. There are multiple different departments in all of the largest companies, with some of them running numerous different offices and studios around the globe. The thing to remember is that these firms do not sell their products directly to players, but to casinos instead.
From start to finish, the different games go from planning departments, through technical and design development. However, before the games can be marketed to various partner operators by the sales and business divisions, tables must be built and decorated in the live studios and the dealers must be trained in preparation for the launch.
The games will then be integrated, by coders, onto software that allows them to be implemented on casino sites. In addition to this, you have technical staff in charge of the livestreams and the running of the games themselves, as well as makeup and costume staff making sure that the croupiers and pit-bosses continuously look their best. All in all, there are far more people working behind the cameras than you will ever see while playing at a live casino.
Why Use Live Casino Software?
There are a number of reasons why players choose to spend time and money on these particular casino games. The first and foremost is that these products can be extremely fun to play. You can enjoy a full casino experience on classics like blackjack and roulette. However, the boon is that you can do this from the comfort of your own home, or wherever it suits you to play.
If you like the atmosphere of land-based establishments, then real-dealer software is absolutely the way to go. In comparison to automated games that use random number generation (RNG), these products offer a more rounded and fulfilling experience. You can feel far more connected to the action, as you see it unfold before your own eyes for real. It is not merely a case of swapping animation for live action.
You can chat to the croupiers via the live-chat function, with them holding conversations easily and naturally while working. On certain platforms, players are able to converse with each other in the public forum. This lets you speak to interesting people from all over the world. This is all while playing at your leisure, on games that often outstrip their land-based counterparts in terms of RTP rates and payouts.
What Speaks Against Live Casino Software?
The biggest downside is that not all game categories are covered. While the live the live dealer casino software has come on leaps and bounds over the years, there are simply some games that require automation. Slots, for example, simply have no use for a human croupier. You can only really play live games if you enjoy the classic table games. If you are looking to play slots, you’ll need to head over to one of the best slots casinos and stick to RNG products.
Summing up the World’s Best Live Software Providers
The online casino world is well-served in terms of real-dealer games, there’s no question about that. There is a wide range of live casino software developers, each bringing their own flair to the niche and specialising in different ways. Some provide dedicated games, while other stream directly from inside world-famous casinos.
If you are looking to choose your next gambling site based on its array of live products, it is worth considering which developer you wish to see represented there. You will find titles from market-leaders like Evolution Gaming and Playtech at most of the best sites, meaning that it is easy these days to find top-quality options. The best suites are packed full of HD games, covering a great range of categories and variants.
Frequently Asked Live Software Provider Questions
Hopefully this page has given you all of the information that you might need about the top live casino software providers. However, if you still have questions, I have answered some of the most frequently asked below.
Which real dealer software developer is the best?
While this is a pretty subjective thing, dependent on what you look for in a game, Evolution Gaming is the best real dealer software developer in the eyes of many players and critics. It has dominated the industry for a number of years now.
Is live casino software fair?
Live casino software, made by licensed and reputable companies, is as fair as any casino games out there. You can rest assured that nothing shady is going on as you can watch the game unfold before your eyes. With the big-name brands, there is also the knowledge that they have reputations to uphold and licenses to protect.
Which live casino providers make the games with the highest payouts?
As long as you stick to blackjack, then you will find that all decent live casino developers have products with excellent payout rates. For other game categories, things can differ quite a lot. However, this is to do with the nature of the games, rather than a mark of unfairness. If you want to find particular live blackjack games to try, click here.
Where can you play Evolution Gaming live games?
Evolution Gaming is the market leader in this niche, so finding its games shouldn't be too difficult. The company supplies its games to casino sites based all around the world. Just check out our list of the top live casinos, and you're good to go.